The MountainHeart Community Services, Inc. Weatherization program accepts applications for weatherization assistance in order to identify dwellings which are income eligible for weatherization assistance. Income verification is made with income sources and official documentation and can be a time consuming process to complete. To download an application, click HERE.
Eligibility is determined using the following:
- annual gross income from all income sources @ 200% of the OMB Poverty guidelines for each family size and
- whether the applicant has received cash assistance payments under Title IV of XVI of the Social Security Act during the preceding twelve months.
Other criteria and requirements may apply or determine wait list placement.
2010 FEDERAL POVERTY GUIDELINES
Things to Know
- MountainHeart currently provides Weatherization services in Wyoming and Fayette counties.
- For a complete list of Community Action Agencies providing Weatherization services, Click Here
- Apply in Person at the Community Action Agency/Provider that serves the county where you reside.
- Application form usually takes about 20 minutes.
- You must have proof of income for the year prior to application.
- The agency also asks a small number of questions about your household, such as, the number of people living in the home.
- If you are eligible, your weatherization agency puts you on a waiting list.
- If you rent, you must get permission from your landlord.
- People most in need are often moved to the top of the waiting list.